Friday 30 March 2012

Fundraising target met & last minute adjustments underway!

Well my original target had been £150 to raise . . . it quickly became apparent this could easily be met so I upped it . . . then upped it again to £750. I am very pleased to announce so far a grand total of £1003 has been raised! Thank you very much to all those who have donated. I will, of course, continue to rally for further donations during the challenge.

Speaking of which, today is the packing / last minute adjustments day. It seems a few bits on the bike have worn a little more than expected, so some last minute tinkering has been going on. Hopefully everything is now in working order . . . they at least appear to be. I will be taking plenty of gaffer tape and WD40 . . . apparently anything can be fixed with these two items.

I'm going to attempt a 'mobile update' shortly via my phone, but I haven't got a clue what I'm doing with that really. Fingers crossed for that! I am also looking at perhaps 'Glympsing' each day, where an app on my phone allows people to monitor my progress and speed. I doubt my battery can sustain this all day, so I'll probably just 'come online' for an hour or so a day, provisionally I'll pencil in 2pm as I'm likely to be moving at that time.

Right, off to progress with yet more packing and prep work!

No comments:

Post a Comment